FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:08 pm
tmartazu

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
I had a very short overnight visit in May. Although this didn't allow me to try the facilities (such as fitness center or to even wander around), I can say the following:

o It is directly across from the Sheraton DFW; so if you like that location, you'll like the Westin DFW.
o I called the hotel upon arriving and was picked up by the hotel shuttle (van) at my terminal shortly thereafter. I also used the shuttle to return to the airport. Quite convenient.
NOTE: I do recommend calling to let them know you are waiting. Don't just wait in the terminal and assume a shuttle is on the way.
o I requested and received a Westin Workout room since I had never stayed in one before. Contained a Lifecycle for my use. Room was on 2nd floor.
o The room & bed were as comfortable as any Westin room.
o The hotel itself had a nice look and feel (although as I stated above, I really didn't get to look around).
o Ordered a nice room service meal which was promptly and accurately delivered.
o Points and amentity posted promptly.

Nothing critical to say here! Friendly staff and exactly as I expected. Pleasant stay.