FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubletree by Hilton Brighton Metropole (was Hilton Brighton Metropole) {GBR}
Old Jun 11, 2006, 5:13 pm
alexoster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA LifeTime Plat, DL Plat, Amex Centurion, Hertz Plaitnum
Hilton Brighton Metropole hotel

I recently got married & as part of the honeymoon I booked a sea view air conditioned room in the Hilton Brighton Metropole (seaside English town).

I checked in on Saturday night (10th June) which was one of the only hot days of our British summer. When I was shown to the only room left available in the hotel I found it unclean, with the previous guests rubbish still in the rubbish bin, the bedding was askew and worst of all our “seafront” view was that of green mesh & scaffolding.

It was late and we only wanted to get to sleep but the room was so humid and surprise surprise the air conditioning didn’t work.

I complained to the management and I received an £80 reduction to the nightly rate. Needless to say we didn’t stay another night.

My wife and I are frequent guests at the Hilton & Marriott hotels and never before have we stayed in a room presented to us in such an unprofessional state. I do not believe that £80 as compensation is enough to make up for what should have been a romantic break in a holiday resort.

Can anyone suggest what else I might be entitled to?