FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Has left Marriott] Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk [Master Thread]
Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:57 pm
Mahalo

Tried this Sheraton for the first time but only for 1 night. I was upgraded to the Presidential suite (corner room - last room to the right of the elevators). The suite was very large with a separate living room area when entering and french doors leading to the bedroom. The balcony extended from both rooms with a view of the river. I was told that they poured 20 million into the renovations and this is evident in many areas. There are areas where additional renovations would be welcomed such as the elevators. The suite was nice with new furnishings and wall paper but the floor tiles on the bathroom were obviously old (white and stained).

The club lounge is located on the top floor. It too had a balcony with a view of the river. Free alcohol (beer & wine) during the evenings. There is a computer with internet access in the lounge. The lounge lacks tables though as there is only 1 actual table for dining. There are side tables for those who don't score the table though.

Valet parking is quick and efficient since the cars are parked just to the left of the hotel entrance.

There is a shuttle (upon request) to Channelside (venue with bars, clubs, bowling, movie theatres) and this takes about 5 minutes to get to. The shuttle will also run to Ybor City.

There seems to be a ton of development going on in downtown Tampa (Trump Condos to be developed). Overall, I enjoyed my stay here at the Sheraton Riverwalk and would consider this hotel again.