FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport (Romulus) [Master Thread]
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:45 pm
thaliajen

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Arrow Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport (Romulus) [Master Thread]

We live an hour away from the airport and I am leaving for NY on Wednesday. Because my hubby and I are going to the Detroit theater Tuesday evening and getting back late, I am staying at the airport Westin so I can just walk from my room the next morning to the gate. With a 6:15am flight, I want to be able to get a few hours sleep without worrying about getting to the airport. I'm not fond of this Westin but I'll only be there a few hours at most. If they weren't connected to the airport I would stay elsewhere.

But, after returning from NY the next week, I get in late on a weeknight and noticed that there is a 4 Points Sheraton near the hotel with shuttle service. I booked a room and realized I've never stayed at one before!

Do they honor the 4pm late check outs and give the same ammenities as other Starwood properties? It actually isn't that much cheaper than the Westin but just enough that I figured I would try it. I admit to being a hotel snob- I just wonder how other Platinum (any Preferred) members experience the Four Points. Do they give full Starpoints?

Forgive my ignorance- I just never heard good things about them. The website looks good and they have room service, so it can't be all that bad, can it? It's in Romulus, MI and is called the Detroit Metro Airport Sheraton 4 Points. Do they give the 500 points ammenity for Plat members?