FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Delhi [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:51 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
After one holiday, time to plan another!

I am all to familar with the pros and cons of the Maurya Sheraton, but does anyone have any post joing SPG feedback on the LeM? Rooms, upgrades, service, restaurants? I am Platinum and would most likely be burning points as USD300 for a room seems a touch steep by New Delhi standards.
SPG members -- of all status -- seem to get upgraded to the more recently renovated rooms. (Or they've renovated far more than I thought was going to happen.) Upgrades for Plats are not consistent; and upgrades for Golds seem indistinguishable from that given to SPG Corporate or SPG members in general, but all seem to do reasonably well and most non-SPG Plats/non-SPG Golds seem rather satisfied with the rooms.

Restaurants are nothing special there. The "coffee shop" service is as always -- i.e., not great and often absent -- but at least open 24 hours.

Out of the major international hotels in Delhi it is amongst the least likely -- if not the least likely of the so-called "five stars" -- to have someone open the door for your car, open the hotel door or to take your luggage at check in or upon checking out. (I guess this could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how we approach tipping and tip-related discussions. )

The redeeming feature about the property is that it's a member of SPG and makes for decent redemption value. And they can't play the kind of games that the "Tower" thing allows at the Maurya Sheraton.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 7, 2006 at 12:04 pm