FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching loyalties? AA to DL
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:41 am
AAlton

Switching from AAdvantage to Delta

I'm currently reconsidering my travel options. I fly ex-NYC and the vast majority of my travel is to SFO, LAX, LON and AMS. I choose AA mainly because of the J service between JFK-SFO/LAX, however, I am not thrilled with the relative J service between JFK-LHR and it's pain to connect in ZRH for JFK-ZRH-AMS. I'm barely a PLT on AA. I would choose another airline for international travel but it literally takes every single flight for me to requalify.

I am thinking of switching to a DL/CO/NW portfolio, especially with the upcoming possibiliy of reciprocal agreements. My reasons are the J service DL offers between JFK-SFO/LAX, the codeshare CO has with VS on JFK-LHR and CO/NW offer direct routes for EWR/JFK-AMS. Here's the catch. While I'm paid for in J on trans-atlantic flights I'm only paid for discount Y for domestic flights so I have to upgrade on the JFK-SFO/LAX routes. My upgrade rate as an AA PLT is 100%.

So, I'm seeking your advice. I was wondering what the relative upgrade rate for a DL GM would be on the JFK-SFO/LAX routes. I fly these routes more often, so ultimately they will drive my choice of airlines.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by AAlton (edited 06-12-2003).]