FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Osaka - Japan [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2006, 7:27 pm
Life_Platinum

Talking

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I certainly am no expert on Japan. I think you do not need to purchase a rail pass. Now the pass being quoted herein must be a regular car pass and not a green car pass. I know that is 37800 for a 7 day as I bought this one. The link above is probably good but I found the schedule via the Japanese National Tourist Organization or google- JNTO. Use the tabs to right to access the train schedules. The pass is convenient if you want to walk in and out of JR lines with ease. From Osaka to Hakata these are almost ALL Hikari Rail Star trains which may run once per hour. Not so great. So just using funds gives you flexibility. Put together your trip using JNTO and you can zoom in on total rail costs.

I did almost exactly what you are talking about this trip. Please see my report which includes Hiroshima within the FT Hyatt forum. I panned the HR in FUK but know you will enjoy as I did the GH albeit a couple years since I have been.

I highly recommend the Hotel Granvia Hiroshima. I did the ANA and it was more. The Rhiga which is popular with some is more in town by the castle. The Granvia was excellent. I booked a single online and paid for the breakfast option. 9000 plus 1500. All rates included taxes and service. And please note my recommendation for dinner at Granvia Tei in B1F on the Hotel. This rate included HSIA wired. It was also nice as by booking via their website they DO NOT ask for a cerdit card so no penalty on cxl. As for Hiroshima you can see the place will keep you busy. Hope that helps.
Well, RTWSTARWALLIANCE, you certainly are the expert on Japan of the posters on this board. We appreciate your efforts to get Yasuki to assume the title that many of us have given you as "THE EXPERT ON JAPAN". Or is it your wife who is the person behind your reputation and your many successes?

Let us know how your do it.