FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]
Old May 31, 2006, 6:57 pm
DJ_Iceman

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I can remember a very few instances of this happening, but I clicked on the thread because the very same thing happened at the Williamsburg (Virginia) Marriott this past Saturday night. The alarm went off around 1:30 AM, then again at 1:45, then yet again at 3:00. Let's just say I wasn't happy having to get my two-year-old calmed down three times during the night, let alone settling my own nerves.

The funny thing is, I never even THOUGHT about expecting any kind of compensation. As others have said, I'd rather deal with a false alarm once in a blue moon than to have a hotel burn down around me without the protection systems working as designed.

FWIW, when I asked at the front desk the next morning, they told me that it was some smokers in a non-smoking room who were responsible for the nonsense. I didn't ask how that led to repeated full-hotel evacuations. In addition, the fire alarm strobe lights were still flashing the next morning all over the hotel (but no audible alarm was sounding). I had to wonder if they just turned off the sirens and bells, and what would have happened had a real fire actually broken out after all the false alarms...