FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So I want to go to Colombia...
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2006, 2:27 pm
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
in this case, it depends on what kind of girls (meaning what look) you like. medellin (antioquia) is more fair skinned and blonde than the rest of the country. cartegena has the carribean black girls. what they have in common is that the girls are super hot and nice everywhere!
I'm a big fan of the fair skinned look but definitely with dark hair, not blonde. Dating a woman with blonde hair seems to kind of defeat the purpose of dating a Latina!

I met the woman of my dreams (and not just because she matched the physical description - petite, fair skinned, black hair - that I prefer) when I was in Quito, Ecuador studying Spanish. She was a native of Manizales, a smaller city in Colombia somewhat close to Medellin. Sadly, I've already lost touch with her. But all of her countrywomen that I've met sure seem like sweethearts so hopefully I can meet the woman that makes me forget all about her!

Running out of vacation time for this year so I will probably have to postpone my dream vacation of 2-3 weeks traveling around Colombia until sometime next year. I want to make sure that when I go I have enough time to explore different regions of the country. Thanks to all who have offered suggestions (especially the less obvious beach suggestions - I'll investigate Santa Marta in more detail. I see that AV flies there from BOG. Being a history buff, CTG sounds cool too).

Originally Posted by TheKnife
Medellin has even less to do than Cartagena but the women are amazing. The Dancing midgets at Mangos night club are not to be missed.
Ok, I gotta ask. Dancing midgets???