FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Put Your Window Shade Up
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2003, 1:47 pm
gt0138d

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
This reminds me of a flight ...I was at a window seat over the wing and noticed what looked like fuel streaming out from a number of the wing rivets.
..." Dang, you're right! But our instruments don't indicate excessive fuel usage. Do me a favor.....keep an eye on the wing and if it gets any worse, pls have the FA contact me again! "
So I spent the next 2 1/2 hours with my eyes glued to the wing watching fuel stream out......

[This message has been edited by Cholula (edited 05-27-2003).]
</font>
Cholula,
Was it the first flight of the day? I had a similar experience one Thanksgiving Day. Flying Air Tran DFW-ATL at 6:00AM, I noticed fuel streaming out of the right engine and after convincing myself that it is not water, condensation etc., I notified the FA. She called the cockpit and what the Captain announced sounded like this -
- Fuel may be "overflowing" because it has been topped off to the brim - it happens on some cold mornings blah, blah, blah

If it was safe for the pilot, it was safe for me but it definitely freaked out the passenger next to me. Nothing interesting to report about the rest of the flight - it was not too much after ValuJet started flying as Air Tran.

------------------
gt0138d - a certified George P Burdell clone...