FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Put Your Window Shade Up
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2003, 8:34 am
seat 50J
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
This reminds me of a flight I took in the mid 80's on the now gratefully defunct Jet America Airways. We were flying from LGB to ORD on, I believe, a DC-9. I was at a window seat over the wing and noticed what looked like fuel streaming out from a number of the wing rivets.
I called the FA and she didn't even look at the wing. Just said " That can't be fuel....must be condensation". About 10 minutes later, the cockpit door opens and the co-pilot starts sauntering down the aisle, chatting with various passengers as he made his way back to my row.
He said " Are you the one who reported the fuel leak? " When I told him I was, he leaned over me to look at the wing and said " Dang, you're right! But our instruments don't indicate excessive fuel usage. Do me a favor.....keep an eye on the wing and if it gets any worse, pls have the FA contact me again! "
So I spent the next 2 1/2 hours with my eyes glued to the wing watching fuel stream out......
[This message has been edited by Cholula (edited 05-27-2003).]
</font>
SI flew MD80's from Long Beach. It was acquired by Alaska Airlines who eventually left Long Beach. Now it's trying to get back in but couldn't get slots. Horizon, as a commuter, could.