FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Time Visitor Review and Imperial Palace Review
Old May 30, 2006, 8:26 am
lardiearse

Programs: United Airlines Milaege Plus
Originally Posted by canes98
Was in Vegas and stayed at IP for some of the same dates as the OP. I checked in on 5/13 and checked out on 5/17. Here's my thoughts:

I got an even cheaper rate by joining their Player's Club. I got $85 Sat $65 Sun-W. While the $65 was technically higher than the $56 available, my rate was for a deluxe room, not a standard room. Had a great room for the money. The only drawback is the shower drained slowly, so if my buddy whom I was staying with woke up first, I had to wait about 10 minutes after he had finished showering before I showered.

We asked for a room facing the strip. We were placed on the 10th floor. The elevator bank for this room was on the left, just after you pass the dealtertainers. No long wait for elevators at any time. The view was great. The only potential drawback, is the area between Harrah's and IP (Carnival Court is what they may call it??) which was right in front of our balcony had live music until about 3am. It didn't bother us because we were up until 6am every night. We got a free lunch buffett with our deal. Price was right, but I would never pay for their buffett.

As for the dealertainers, it was fun to watch the occasional singing performance they do. The Alice Cooper dealertainer was scary looking. They always seemed to have him working at the money wheel at the bottom of the escalator up to the buffett/sports book rather than at the blackjack tables. Maybe he's not good at math.

The one negative is I think drinks should be cheaper. We wound up drinking at the Barbary Coast every night. I've stayed there before and would gladly stay there again, but their rates were sky high for our dates.

I think the IP is a great deal, but let me disclose that the other places I've stayed in the last 3 years are the Barbary Coast the (now closed) Boardwalk and the Orleans. So, I like to go for cheap accommodations.
Hi
I am staying at The Barbary Coast in October and the rating and review on tripadvisor are really good....so fingers crossed!!
Lardie