FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage limit?
Thread: Baggage limit?
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2006, 1:45 pm
G-BOAC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by bealine
Passengers on this forum who use LoCos will realise that EasyJet and Ryanair do not allow pooling of baggage. Like most things, passengers accept EasyJet's and Ryanair's conditions, but when BA attempt something similar, people are up in arms!
Err...like the belief we'll get fed and watered included in the price in economy, or have pre-assigned seats, or get to fly from decent airports, or use covered jettys, etc., etc. this is precisely why many of us here who fly BA do not fly LoCos too/instead and put up with that kind of sh!te Just because LoCos do it, does not make it good or helpful or clever or ‘right’. Neither does it make sense all the time for the lucractive business travellers BA courts.

Like retaining a modicum of service and some basic tolerable humane conditions in Y, I for one would like to see more leadership from BA to start bucking the trend of making regular business travel an increasingly painful, soul-destroying experience...rather than them simply racing with the unimaginative and uninspired herd to the bottom

I still cannot see how any way you (again, not meant as 'you' bealine) slice or dice it, the 2x23 with a firm 23Kg limit makes any sense at all. I can see how a new flat limit of 30Kg spread over up to two bags makes sense to reduce fuel and costs as I said, but not this! Likewise, not allowing pooling on the same PNR because 'we basically can't be arsed to spend a bit more coding the system to cope with it' is just madness!

Phil