FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2006, 1:42 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by heggers03
Just back from stay from the excellent the Jumeirah Beach Hilton, don't think they do the airport transfer anymore, or at least it was not offered. Taxi costs about 65 Dirham's from the airport.

On a separate note, for the 6-8pm happy hour, go to the Skyview bar instead of the exec lounge..... much nicer and nobody else seems to use it while the exec lounge was jammed full!!
Thanks for the info on using the Skyview lounge during happy hour. It was great - wonderful to sit outside on the balcony during the cool (relatively) 80 degree evening. Exec lounge each evening was very crowded and upon asking at the desk, it was confirmed we could get our free drinks up at the Skyview lounge. ^ We were also given the chioce of having breakfast in the Executive lounge or the full buffet in the Oceana restaurant downstairs. Went for the restaurant each morning but it was extremely busy.

Although I booked an Executive room, we were given a large 4th floor corner room overlooking the beach with a complimentary bottle of wine and fruit. I think they treat these corner rooms as Executive rooms.

Although there was an amazing amount of construction work around the hotel, it did not cause us any problems and the pool and private beach are very nice. Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas are available. We were even told that Hilton is taking over one of the new towers to create an Aparthotel to be connected by a bridge to the existing hotel. That should be interesting!

As we had a very late flight out of Dubai, I enquired about a late check-out and was offered a 4pm time. I then offered to pay extra for a 6pm check-out and after a few clicks on the computer was given a 6pm complimentary check-out as we were diamond members. ^

I also enquired about the airport transportation and was offered complimentary transportation to the airport. Overall, a very pleasant 3-day stay with very friendly and helpful staff. We had previously had 3 wonderful days at the Hilton Dubai Creek and I thought this stay was not going to come up to the same standard. Completely different to the Dubai Creek but still very enjoyable and I would certainly go back, probably when it's a bit cooler.