FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - online booking how do you know the sub-class
Old May 14, 2006, 4:15 am
barry willis

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I wouldn't be too concerned. In some cases , it might be beneficial if they were to know who you are from this.

In most cases I have checked, the AA fare is normally about the same as the equivalent QF fare on ex-AU tickets. Unfortunately some cheap fares that QF may offer ( typically in classes that are ineligable for AA miles ) don;t have an AA equivalent

e.g. for June, the cheapest QF fare is Q class and is $1299 plus fuel fines and taxes ( No aa miles ) , the next fare up is N class and QF offer it for $1480 plus fuel fines whilst AA offers N class for $1676 plus taxes. With fines on QF being a minimum of $93 each way , the AA fare is about the same

Dave
Yes there are many fares around.My concern is that if you purchase a ticket on line at QF then you do not know what class you are actually purchasing until you have given your credit card details.Sometimes the cheaper looking fare is not the cheapest as there are so many surcharges now, and sometimes it is just a few more dollars to move to the next sub class.
Did you get the information that the $1299 Tkt was Q class on the QF website?