FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - online booking how do you know the sub-class
Old May 13, 2006, 11:14 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by barry willis
I thank you for your honesty concerning user name. It will remain a mystery if it is real or not.It could work 2 ways -it might help the airline track me down and answer my question or it might put me on the unwanted list for asking.
Back to the booking process though, AA is almost always more expensive ( in this case $1000 more but I guess that there is the guarantee of the points).
I wouldn't be too concerned. In some cases , it might be beneficial if they were to know who you are from this.

In most cases I have checked, the AA fare is normally about the same as the equivalent QF fare on ex-AU tickets. Unfortunately some cheap fares that QF may offer ( typically in classes that are ineligable for AA miles ) don;t have an AA equivalent

e.g. for June, the cheapest QF fare is Q class and is $1299 plus fuel fines and taxes ( No aa miles ) , the next fare up is N class and QF offer it for $1480 plus fuel fines whilst AA offers N class for $1676 plus taxes. With fines on QF being a minimum of $93 each way , the AA fare is about the same

Dave