FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - www.boycottdelta.org
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2003, 2:27 pm
dbk10

Programs: Delta PM, United Premier Executive, AirTran Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold VIP, Her
The site isn't even correct, I know one of my first concerns was the credit check thing ruining my personal score. However, after posting the question I was informed that it does not affect my credit rating when they do their check....This web site says, "Delta: Credit Killer

Every time a credit report is run on you, it hurts your credit rating.
Frequent fliers will not only have a nice thick Delta dossier, but a damaged credit history to boot. Mileage or mortgage: the choice is yours." - unfortunately, that is a false statement on www.boycottdelta.com

The web site is also misinformed about how long the system will retain your information, "All the information gathered will be stored for fifty (50!) years on computers that may or may not be safe from malicious hackers out to steal your identity." When in actuality, I believe that only those people flagged with yellow or red will have their information retained for that long.

While I do think that what the government wants to do is an invasion of privacy and I do fear the possibility of hackers invading my bank accounts, I don't believe that I can support the cause through this website, which doesn't seem to have done its research.