FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reimbursment For Costs Associated With A Canceled Vacation Due To Work Reasons
Old May 10, 2006, 3:57 pm
casapasqual

Originally Posted by PresRDC
It is a one-way F fare between AKL and MEL. I did it because, when the free limo on both ends is included, it is only a modest premium over economy.

When I booked the ticket, it was the only fare offered. I never asked for a non-refundable fare. The fare was the fare.
not to toot my own horn, but i knew it had to be new zealand/australia. i know their fares from europe, mid east, se asia to australia. some are quite good. the free limo is a good idea but it looks like you wn't be getting that limo ride. maybe with whats left of the six figures, you can spend a few nights at a super 8 out on the highway instead of lovely australia. and australia is just filled with wonderful things to do and see. i'm sure you would have loved it.

if they didn't disclose that they were selling you a nonrefundable fare, i would think you have a good case for a refund. but you have to swear on a really high stack of bibles. i don't think you're getting any of that money back. and you won't get the Delta miles from Emirates either. you're getting what some people refer to as "bupkis". can anyone translate that?