FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traffic nightmare about to happen at ATL
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2003, 7:25 am
atlhalfjap

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
Traffic will not be as bad as you might think. Why? People will now fly even less which means less traffic. So simple, yet we continue to challenge ourselves.</font>
Obviously, you've either never driven here, or haven't in quite a while. Traffic sucks most of the time and the roads become parking lots at the slightest departure from free flowing. Be it rain, a whisper of snow or somebody getting into an accident. Last year, a semi driver fell asleep at the wheel, ran through the retainer walls on 285 and blocked traffic (all lanes, I think its 6 in each direction) for over 5 hours, beginning at the morning rush hour. Of course, it took ALL day for there to be some sembelance of normalacy.

As for flying less, do you serious think that ALL flying will stop? C'mon, there are businesses to keep going! I have a friend who's flying out on Saturday, on business, and he drives a SUV. I imagine he'll tell me what its like, I'll post his experience once he does.