FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Benefits
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2006, 11:59 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by markis10
If QF chose they could request you use your number on this basis: Qantas reserves the right to require the Member to produce their Card and to quote their Membership number and PIN at any time while booking, ticketing or while the Member is travelling on or claiming or utilising any Awards or Benefits.

In reality I don't think it would be a problem to claim that 10kg allowance by just flashing your card! Its a pity baggage allowance is not a one world benefit - had issues with CX in the past!
Producing the card and quoting the pin is not an issue. I always carry it. And that condition (Paragraph 6.4 in the Terms and Conditions) makes no reference to the need to have the FF number associated with the booking - just that you must be able to produce the card and quote the PIN if requested.

So having an AA Nobody number in the booking, and waltzing up to the F check-in queue with 10Kg or an extra piece of baggage to be checked should not be a problem so long as you have your QF Platinum card in hand and can quote the PIN is requested.

The intent of that clause is to ensure only the owner of the membership account is using the benefits. And if you have earned Platinum (or lifetime Gold or similar) status with Qantas, then I can't find anything that stops you using the associated benefits while having another airline's FF number associated with the reservation for the purposes of earning points/miles/status with the other airline.