View Single Post
Old May 7, 06, 4:17 pm
DocH

Programs: BAEC Gold
Welcome to FT.

Originally Posted by carolinef98
The price jumped to 1900!!
If you change the itinerary other than date/time changes, the fare is recalculated. If the fare has gone up in the meantime , as happened last week, the price you are quoted will jump.

This 2nd consultant also told me that the previous consultant was wrong in saying I could take 4 flights as requested with 2 stopovers in my continent of origin. He said it's 2 flights. :
You can make four flights in the continent of origin, with two stopovers (stopoover = stay of >24 hours). There are however some restrictions with regards to flights into and out of where you start and restrictions on number of flights from London to far flung destinations with europe. See the Sticky FAQs (At the top of the thread)

I downloaded the route planner so I could try to sort this out for myself rather than deal with Trailfinders again. http://www.oneworld.com/travel_planning/home.cfm

This planner does not seem to have a function that allows you to go overland. . Has anyone overcome this problem? :
No , annoying isn't it.

Final ques can you avoid paying a booking fee for this flight? Trailfinders charge 60. Many thanks
You can pay a lower 15 booking fee by phoning BA direct.

Booking staff do not always understand the rules. Generally if you post your itinerary on here, you will receive good advice as to the validity of your itinerary.