FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confused Messages from Travel Agent
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2006, 12:34 pm
carolinef98

Confused Messages from Travel Agent

I am trying to organise my One World RTW ticket from London. I have been to Trailfinders and got a quote for £1550 inc taxes. I made a slight amend to the itinerary different consultant to the first who had to start from scratch as the system overwrote out first itinerary. The price jumped to £1900!! I was told that this is due to fuel surcharges which have gone up. I persisted in asking how this is possible and did not get a straight answer. Has anyone else experienced this? If so are some airlines cheaper for fuel surcharges as if possible I'd like to avoid the steeper ones.

Also, I want to visit 2 cities in Europe before leaving the continent- Copenhagun and San Sebastian. I can fly directly Lon- Cop but then need to fly via Madrid to San Seb and back to Madrid to fly to my next continent. This 2nd consultant also told me that the previous consultant was wrong in saying I could take 4 flights as requested with 2 stopovers in my continent of origin. He said it's 2 flights. Does anyone know what the correct rule is?The website is unclear stating-

"You are allowed to take two stopovers in total within your continent of origin in order to get to or from a gateway to begin or return from your international travel."

It's confusing as 2 people previously told me a stopover is not the same as a flight so even if limited to 2 stopovers I can use more than one flight to get there???

I downloaded the route planner so I could try to sort this out for myself rather than deal with Trailfinders again. http://www.oneworld.com/travel_planning/home.cfm

This planner does not seem to have a function that allows you to go overland. Eg, if I fly Auckland and overland it to Christchurch from where I take my next flight to Sydney the system is counting a flight from Auckland to Christchurch. Has anyone overcome this problem?

Final ques can you avoid paying a booking fee for this flight? Trailfinders charge £60.

Many thanks