FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Al Aqah, UAE [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2006, 2:28 am
metacolo

Programs: DOD, AF Petroleum Club, Emirates Silver, Hertz 5 Star, SPG Platinum
no in-room internet!

This property also does not have in-room broadband, despite displaying this as a feature of the property.

I made a booking here, expecting in-room internet, and confirmed this at the desk on checkin. When I got in, I couldn't find it, and went back down to ask "where is it? wireless?" and was told that indeed they didn't have it.

I checked out immediately, and spoke with the manager and was not charged. He mentioned that this particular issue had come up several times in the past as well. (I checked my credit card bill for the next few months to make sure I was not charged)

I slept in my car instead, as I could at least get a decent satellite shot from the hood. (and my main reason for going was wanting to drive a borrowed M3 through the mountains, anyway)

This property is physically nice, but seems really geared toward Russian/German package tourists, more than the other hotels in FUJ or the Le Meridiens elsewhere in UAE. i.e. the "no outside food" rule, and f&b promotions geared at this market. Also, make sure you get a fairly high floor, as they play amplified music on the beach, PA announcements, etc., and while the windows were fairly thick, it's loud enough on the first 10 floors to be annoying.