FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Platinum Have Priority for Waitlist for FF International Awards
Old May 3, 2006, 6:28 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Do you have dates? Are you flexible in those dates? Are you particular about what airport?

The wait list will depend on the seats sold that day (weekends and Fridays are worse,) the number of elites on that route and flight (some flights are laden with precious metal toting AAdvantage members,) and you rposition on the list. As others have mentioned, you will be right behind EXPs who requested on any date, and any Plats who requested before you, but ahead of Golds, and any Plats who requested after you.

Connecting to the Continent, I sometimes opt for MAN (another secondary AA UK destination woudl do) - which aslo puts me in a better Business Class than a 777 has, as it is a 767-323ER.

Originally Posted by glsebs
I am Platinum and am trying to buy a coach ticket to London at the end of September and use FF miles and $250 to upgrade to business. Right now there is no availability from any gateway city to London to do this. I was told that I could buy coach and be put on a wait list for the upgrade. As Platinum, would I be "priority waitlisted" or is it just a matter of "first come first serve"?