FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - insane fare to cinn
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2003, 11:54 am
CelticFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Donna D:
I have to go to Frankfort, KY at the end of March. I checked the fare MCO to LEX - it was around $300. So, I thought why bother getting back on a plane in Cinn just to fly a few minutes - I will just fly to Cinn. and drive to Frankfort - so I check that fare $688 r/t YIKES!! and that is over a month away!

Also, I have never been any where near Frankfort or Lexington, KY - is Lexington and/or Cinn airport the best way to go - any advice for traveling to that part of the country would be appreciated.
</font>
If you can cope with the connections at CVG then fly to LEX - it is closer to Frankfort and will almost always be cheaper than flying to CVG. DL feels no need to compete at CVG so ending and commencing there is almost always more expensive than the alternatives such as SDF, IND, DAY and LEX.

I can (and do) fly from Europe to LAX through CVG with stopovers and the flight is less than the CVG-LAX segments alone would be. Go figure....

[This message has been edited by CelticFlyer (edited 02-17-2003).]