FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eVIP for your help with RTW
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2006, 3:58 pm
Darren

Originally Posted by number_6
as the inventor of the Dubai loop on FT (going back many years now). He first made the suggestion to include a LHR-DXB-LHR loop in F on BA as it was "free" on the OWE tickets. And has provided dozens of great suggestions since then.

The suggested routings are close to optimal. The primary choice is whether to go MIA-LAX-LHR on AA (taking advantage of the longer in-air service times, the LAX F lounge) or do MIA-LHR on BA (not quite enough time to both eat and sleep on the plane, but a much earlier arrival into London). The LAX flight arrives after noon which is either good or bad (depending on what you want to be doing in London). Personally I prefer the AA service LAX-LHR which is often quite good (and competitive with BA, the only route that this is the case).

As a practical matter it is almost impossible to get 2 A seats on LAN for SYD-AKL, so buying on EK is a great suggestion (as long as EK continues to use A345s on this route). Rumour has it that they've stopped offering these USD 600 discounted F fares trans-tasman, but if you can still snag one it is quite a find (just the limo part is worth a third of the fare).
Heh. Thanks. Quite an honor.

Expedia has the EK flights still, but it's more expensive coming from Australia. About $100 more, again one-way.

The LAX-London flight has been a mixed bag for me. The flights on the suites were great, and maybe only the food on BA was better. But my last flight on the coffins was terrible. It was about a year ago now. The config was changed the day of travel, which annoyed me to no end, the flight attendants were only okay, the food was okay, and I was next to someone who sneezed on me all flight. While I know the last isn't the fault of AA, I thought it was a very average flight.

You mentioned the BA MIA-LHR flight. Quick note that the OP wants EXP status, so instead it could be subbed for the AA flight on the same route (or ORD). Just, whatever you do, don't go through JFK. My flight was *horrible* and since then I have seen on this board that my experience was not uncommon. Miami does have two great Admiral Clubs in Miami, especially the one outside Terminal E.