FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:03 pm
spellbound2

Originally Posted by wildblueyonder
Wow, that is really terrible to hear.

We have been going back and forth over the Nui vs. the new St. Regis... I don't know that anything will be different at the SR, but I certainly don't like to hear about a hotel (especially such a premium hotel with such a premium cost) being "aware of", but still having issues with these occurrences...

For $1k/night, you'd imagine they could probably afford to have a supervisor observe each room's cleaning.

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope the CS Swat Team fixes things for you...
Yes, I hope the CS Swat Team arrives soon. I guess the most alarming thing about this whole situation is the continued lack of response I get from everyone involved. Each person has told me how very important this issue is and yet I cannot see anything to make me believe it is true. The dollar value of the earrings and maybe something to make it up to me is so small compared to the goodwill that could be established by such a prestigious property if they took the matter seriously enough to settle it promptly. The GM appeared to genuinely care and get involved, but then it just faded. If anyone has experience with getting something stolen at a Starwood property and would like to share what happened, I'd really appreciate it.