FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:10 am
fireworksboy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
This is already the case. When I check in the hotels usually say "I see you are a platinum and I see you would like the points, we'll have those added".

Following my stay the regular points post within the week, and about 50/50 the plat amenity points are posted. I then proceed to accumulate a few dates then send the customerservice@starwood an email. The responses from here are less than consistent. I've had responses of we'll add the points all the way to removing a stay because I checked in at 12:31AM. Which further creates things for me to chase down....Its a never ending cycle and getting very frustrating.
I think what TerryK was indicating was it would be nice to have the 500 point amenity included on your online profile and would be included in your reserrvation. Then, unless you changed your mind at checkin, SPG.com would automatically post the 500 points unless the hotel indicated NOT to do so. I don't know if they could make it work but I'd opt in.