FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules for accessing Premium Seats?
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2006, 3:18 am
Radiocycle

Programs: DL 2 MM
Exit rows are restricted (in advance) to NW Elites Only or day of departure checkin

Exit row seats are restricted to day of departure check-in. I believe NW Elites have access to exit row seats and all "P" seats at time of reservation through day of departure.

Check this link and see if you can move your assigned seat to an exit row, if you can then FB has access, if not then they are restricted to NW elites only:

https://www.nwa.com/cgi-bin/res_info.pro

RC

Originally Posted by djohannw
Does anybody have a link to NW's formal description who is allowed to access the seats in coach marked as "Premium", "Exit" and "Disabled"?

I have just reserved seats for my family's trip from LCA to PDX this summer which is booked in B-class, and much to my surprise I could access those seats even for those family members that are not elite of any kind. In fact even the automatic preassignment had my parents in law (who are on a different reservation than we are and are very infrequent flyers) in these seats - while our party initially had seats in the back of both the D10 and the 757 - with two Flying Blue Elite+ in the reservation plus son and baby.

Tried to seat us in row 22 on the D10 which was no problem, but could not get the exit-row confirmed at least for me while the rest of row 22 would get confirmed. Called NWA in the USA and was offered the row 10 with baby-bassinet instead which I gladly took (those seats showed occupied on "Manage my reservation"), and moved my parents next to us...

So: Why could I not get the Exit row confirmed despite being Skyteam Elite+? But why could my parents reserve seats in the premium section despite not being Elite at all (maybe because of the B-fare)? And why do seats that are obviously open (row 10) show up as occupied when looking at "Manage my reservation"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am mainly concerned that my parents lose their seats close to us sometime between now and the flights in July, and as my parents both hold Disability-certificates from German authorities, I wonder if they also could reserve the Disability-seats (they are not in wheelchairs, however)?

Greetings - Dirk