FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Raleigh/Durham
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:36 pm
SST

IMHO, the Sheraton Raleigh is about as posh as an average Holiday Inn. I've only stayed there on a weekend, but the room I was given as a platinum was about as standard as they come. View was of the tall building next door, no lounge at least on weekends, a bar that featured probably three other guests on a Saturday night, 5x6' bathrooms, the gall to suggest pay parking, and nothing in particular open within sight on a Saturday afternoon or evening, unless you count the local justice bldg.! There was also currently quite a construction extravaganza on the street in February, when I was there.

Sure, you can walk west to a sort of entertainment district a few blocks away, but with nobody on the street and the aforementioned cop shop/court/(jail?), I decided to drive. Just not a real nice location. Staff was OK, but didn't seem interested in any platinum recognition. It's also a long drive to the airport. Can't really recommend this hotel for a romantic weekend. There's GOT to be a better choice.