FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trans. b/w Safari and WDW Dolphin: Tiffany Towncar, Cab or Something Else?
Old Apr 8, 2006, 2:41 pm
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by slippahs
FWIW, is there anyone out there that spent 6 days at WDW without a car? Would like to hear a firsthand account on the difficulties of getting around, should I not be able to convince my SO of the car rental.
No, none of us would consider it .

Seriously, I know of 1 family who went for 5 days without a car. They have a 7 & 5 year old and planned to spend the entire time in the Magic Kingdom with a stop in MGM studios for one day. They also stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort. They say they were perfectly fine without a car, but their vacation goals were to do nothing but the 2 parks and the pools at their hotel. In other words, they had no intention of leaving the property - and they didn't.

I will admit to going ONCE and not renting a car. It was for 4 days, we stayed at the Polynesian and planned not to leave the property and stick to the Magic Kingdom & Epcot only. Animal Kingdom wasn't even opened at that time. It wasn't so inconvenient, but that was because of where we stayed. We had far more transportation options than you will have at the Dolphin (monorail, small boat launch or buses) and never had to wait for a bus. This was before Universal was even open and the outlets were just being built.

So, I will say that I would go without the car for a short trip in which I'm staying at a conveniently located hotel in which I don't only have 1 means of transportation available to me. In other words - you don't fit those qualifications.