FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An outsider's perspective on JetBlue
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2006, 2:40 pm
cxn

I am still waiting to fly on my first B6 flight. I think they, B6, have done everything *almost* right.

What I want to see from B6:

More non-stop short-haul flights. If they are able to pull this off, and keep fares at a reasonable level, they will make money. Lets see, WN RT OAK - SLC $200 + or B6 RT OAK - JFK $200 +. Who makes more money? WN does of course

Fill in their Market before expanding. How come B6 only wants to fly 1 or 2 flights before moving on? I mean, they could dedicate 1 plane to fly LAX - OAK - SLC - LAX - OAK - SLC - LAX in one day. Instead, they take the same plane and might go OAK - JFK - BOS - JFK. More flights, more money.

I think B6 could take on WN and AS as long as they dont try to beat them on price too much. I mean, Dave knows how to price a market. Who doesnt remember $29 fares SLC - OAK/LAX 10 years ago. B6 could also take on markets not served by WN. So for me, SJC - SLC 3x daily would be a great start. Or SLC/OAK - SNA/LGB 3 - 4 x a day. And maybe get rid of seat assignments for shorthaul flights.

Looking forward to my first flight on B6 now that WN is giving me the royal **** .