FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:12 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sjc_longhorn
...Either force them to honor the tickets they have mailed out or stop selling tickets on their behalf.
That will never happen. Any offer to accept these tickets will be made a gesture of goodwill. AZ could care less about US contract law. Orbitz et al will not refuse to do business with them over their refusal to honor a mistake fare. AZ could care less if any of us refuse to do business with them.

I'm sure their initial discussion was an offer to honor the tickets if it was a small number. Given the sheer number of reservations I'm sure they found, they decided to just say 'no' and let the chips fall where they may.

I would be equally upset if my tickets were cancelled (right now I'm more peeved at orbitz for crashing during my transactions and showing availability that didn't exist) - but if you were AZ, what would you do?