FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - a Spirit Airlines forum, it's time
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:54 am
magiciansampras
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by Dovster
FreeSpiritFan, let me give you some practical advice: right now, you are hurting your own cause.

TB has voted. Whether you agree with it or not, arguing the point will not change that vote in the immediate future. Indeed, it might well have the opposite effect.

It has also indicated that it will revisit this question in six months (or even less) after FT has more experience with the new Spirit program. People are people are people -- even if they are TalkBoard members. If you antagonize them, they are going to remember that when this question arises in the future. Perhaps they shouldn't but, again, they are only human.

Let it rest for a number of months and then raise the question again.
I'm not on TB, but I respectfully disagree. I think showing disagreement with TB decisions is not only appropriate, but helpful. Kokonutz in an earlier post did a great job of illustrating a voting trend that TB is on (and I agree with his assesment). If there is going to be a forum for TB Topics, it should be home to threads that are critical of TB decisions as well as those that praise them.

Also, he's doing nothing to "hurt his cause." That's just silly. TB is going to vote based on merit, and if they vote a certain way out of spite because someone is asking a lot and being critical, then that is just plain silly as well.

Keep it up freespirit! ^