FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bintan, Indonesia (Banyan Tree)
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:28 pm
schoflyer

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
A few years back my wife and I did 5 nights at the Banyan Tree Bintan.
The resort is very nice and the bungalow we had was great. 1 bed.

The resort is built on the side of a hill and walking around from place to place is a bit difficult, however a free "taxi" service on golf carts around the property is provided. Just ring the desk and tell them where you want to go (restaurant, pool, etc) and they come and shuttle you to your destination.

The grounds were exqusite. About as manicured as the jungle can be. All the walkways and roads (cart paths) are spotless. The staff is sweeping up leaves etc from sunrise to sunset.

There are 2 pools IIRC, one of which is just off the beach. While they say it is not "white" sand the beach was very nice and quite long. There is no drop off and it is possible to wade 50 to 100 meters off shore. There are a few different resorts that share the same long strip of beach. I certainly would not consider the beach crowded though.

I just thought we were there a bit too long and we got tired of the same old restaurants. However, for the weekend it would be nice. Also, we booked spa treatments for each day in advance and found that after the first few days, we were a bit too ambitious with our Spa schedule.

The ferry ride from Singapore was about 45 minutes IIRC and I think we then took a cab. Ferry tickets can also be purchased online in advance.