FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:40 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by anonplz
So how would you rate transatlantic business class on AZ? If anybody knows, you do.
Transatlantic? You mean Trans-EurAsia? (Ok, some of one and a lot of the other. )

IMO, AZ's 777 biz seats are better than all the US carrier's biz seats currently in service. AZ's 767 -- which is what seems currently scheduled -- seats are not as great but are comfortable enough. The big shortcoming is lack of personal in-flight entertainment for the current 767 seats. (The 777's IFE system is rather good.) [AZ's not unknown for swapping equipment.]

AZ's in-flight service I find to be generally better (and more genuine) than most other US and European carriers. I do find AZ's catering to be somewhat weak. The real downside for me on AZ's long-haul service is AZ's ground operation and the lack of personal IFE on the 767s and problems with the audio feed at the seats.

AZ's lounges at MXP have too few showers (most of the time) and are too crowded and have little to offer most of the time. (They also removed the free internet computers due to anti-terrorism legislation and never cared to do the necessary to put it back in.) Also, the "rescreening" security process can be a pain (although nowhere near as idiotically intrusive as at FRA, AMS and CDG). A MXP issue is the airport's heavy reliance on buses instead of jet bridges.