FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more first class NH008 and NH007 NRT- SFO from Jul 1
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:36 pm
schoflyer

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
Thanks for the response, Scho. I called United. We still had seats on that flight, but we'd been bumped back to Coach. Since I'm a 1K, and they removed the penalties for changes to award tickets, I was able to change my itinerary without any hassle.

The alternative is not ideal, though. We're now going into Osaka (KIX) in First on UA. I'd prefer Narita, so we're waitlisted for a couple of the UA NRT flights. I intend to spend the summer calling frequently to ask about availability on NH or SQ. I really wanted to try an Asian carrier. Maybe it will happen; we're flying mid-week in late September. But I'm not holding my breath.
I'm sorry that this didn't work out exactly as you had hoped/planned for what seems like 331 days! At least you have your transpac covered in F and it's not going to be horrible. I hope you can enjoy your trip. As an FTer, it's important to remember that sometimes things are "Beyond our control."

Cheers,

Scho