FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:12 pm
mauld

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Three Cheers For Hyatt Regency CDG

My general impression of airport hotels is not good, usually you get a basic, no frills spot to lay your head between flights. So, with some trepidation, I made a reservation at the Hyatt CDG for one night during a semi MR/MR --mileage /mattress run. I am Diamond and got a AAA rate at this property at E 114. My flight arrived at about 8am and I was able to get the shuttle to the Hyatt CDG at door 5 in terminal 2A. I was able to check in early, was told I was upgraded to the RC floor and was given a large corner / end room with a big bathroom. I was also told that even though the RC would be open, I could have the full breakfast in the hotel dinning room due to my Diamond status . I took the 10am complimentary shuttle bus into Paris and walked around the city all day--as well as taking in the Louvre for the first time. Believe it or not, in all my many trips to Paris, I had never been to the Lourve, and given it was a rainy March Sat in Paris, I was able to get in without a line and explored to my hearts content Being at the musuem, it was a very quick walk back to where the bus would pick everyone up at 6pm for the trip back to the hotel. I did have time to stop at my favorite Monoprix store nearby, and picked up some foodstuffs etc. The bus left exactly on time at 6pm and about 20 min later we were at the hotel. After a quick wash up, I came to the RC, where I found a beautiful array of snacks, beverages--wines, hard liquor, coffees etc and 2 available computers-- one of which I am currently using to post this message . This being a Sat night, I was alone in the club, but with a very helpful staff member. I have taken some pics and will post them when I get back home, but I have to say, if I am ever doing a CDG MR/MR again-- this is the only place I will stay. Sure, I know many of you are thinking, what can you do in the evening at this hotel, when if I were in a central Paris hotel, I would have tons of restaurants, nightspots etc to choose from..... But, on this kind of run, where I am here only one day, I am pretty much exhausted, and by 6 or 7 pm, all I am thinking of is how comfy my bed at the hotel will be, before my 7am wakeup call and my trip back to the US