FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Morning JFK flight (BA178) - check-in, etc. advice?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:16 pm
G-BOAC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Morning JFK flight (BA178) - check-in, etc. advice?

I've done a search and turned up lots of general stuff about the BA178 JFK-LHR service (08:15 departure from JFK, 21:00 same-day arrival at LHR). I now know lots of factoids e.g. many regulars swear by it for jetlag reduction, the CCR is shut and only F/J lounges open, that they serve 'brunch' in J, that it's either nearly empty or totally rammed with familes but nothing in between, that its regular early arrival to LHR is often lost in a hold, etc., etc.

However, I've found no check-in info! This is my first time on the flight and I'm staying very close to JFK (getting a few hours sleep - I hope! - in the HIEX after an evening arrival from DFW the day before) so I'm wondering how busy T7 is at that time of day, and in particular the BA area. With only 1 flight, I assume the desks are nice and quiet, but is the F/J fast-track security open - and if not, how busy are the normal lines?

Any tips or tricks from the more regular users of this service so I can maximise the all-important sleep and turn up as late as (sensibly) possible without being stressed in a LHR T4-esque farce of a queue somewhere?

TIA,

Phil