FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines to New Zealand
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2002, 6:10 pm
Erasmus

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yorock:
Myself and others on this board have kicked that idea around a bit and it doesn't seem possible as there do not appear to be any eastbound Skyteam flights out of New Zealand and, consequently, no westbound flights in. (Search the skyteam and DL boards for more info.) Since you have to fly in one direction, doubling back thru ICN (Seoul) via KE would not work. If it is possible to pull this off, I would love to know. (I love New Zealand!) I've even looked for AF flights in and out of Tahiti and New Caledonia, but I can't find one that goes to New Zealand or Australia. Skyteam, you have my miles and my vacation plans are at your mercy!</font>
You are allowed to double back if it is the only legal connection. For instance, last year I ticketed JFK/ICN/SYD/ICN/FCO on KE as part of a Skyteam RTW.

After thinking about it, though, I ended up redepositing the ticket and booking a UA flight instead. Two days in transit was just too much.

[This message has been edited by Erasmus (edited 09-12-2002).]