FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi ThankYou Rewards/Airline Redemption [Master Thread]
Old Mar 15, 2006, 6:48 pm
budblab

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
not much luck redeeming thank you points over Thanksgiving

Originally Posted by aegean94305
I saw the title of this thread, and think it a good place to start a related discussion.
Citi has recently changed its flight ticket redemption rule. For example, domestic rountrip now "starts at 25k points" instead of "costing" 25k points previously. And I've seen people report using many more than the start-at number of points to redeem a ticket. If we keep a list of the number of points used to redeem tickets (together with itinerary) after the change, everyone can get a better sense of the actual value of Thankyou points when spent for flight tickets. I suggest the following format if one cares to report:

1. date of redemption
2. date of travel
3. itinerary/airline/class
4. number of points cost

It doesn't have to be an actual trip; it could as well be a quote by Thankyou redemption that you later declined.

1. 3/15/06
2. 11/21/06-11/26/06
3. DTW-MCO/NWA/economy
4. 65,728

Needless to say, I did not book this flight thru Thank You Redemptions. Ticket price for the flight was $422. There was 1 flight available through Thank You (US AIR) for 25K miles that left at 5am each way and changed planes twice. Didn't book that one either.