FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt St. Louis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT (MARRIOTT)
Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:14 pm
wheresTWA

Programs: AA Plat (2mm), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SFOLIS
I am planning to attend AALL annual meeting at St. Louis in mid-July. The meeting is hold at American's Center.

Using Google Map, it looks like Hyatt is 1.1 Miles away, not too much for me to walk. But as a former resident of San Francisco's Tenderloin district(or as my mother calls it, Lower Pacific Height), I also know that 1.1 miles can make huge distance. So how "walkable" is the route between Hyatt and American's Center?

Hyatt is not on the convention hotel list. One of my senior peer (who is on the meeting committee) had been jawboning me to use the official housing service.(For the good of association, etc.) Of course, it's easy for him, he is HHonor Diamond, and the Hampton inn is on the list.

If Hyatt is not "walkable," which of the following will be best second option? I am HGP Dia, SPG Gold, HH Silver, not status with Marriot. The list looks dreadful in term of status benefits potential.

Ren Grand Hotel(headquarter hotel)
Ren St. Louis Suites
Hampton Inn-Gateway Arch
Holiday Inn Select Convention Center
Robert Mayfair Wyndham
Drury Inn Convention Center.
It is a safe & nice enough route to walk if you are up for the hiking. You start on the western edge of downtown & walk into downtown to the convention center. The Renaissance Grand is a very nice hotel & only a few years old. There are some nice new restaurants near the Renaissance Grand. Union Station is a bit more isolated in terms of what's immediately around it.