Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
The five I hate:
Burger King
Long John Silver
Church's Fried Chicken
Sbarro
Jack in the Garbage Can

McDonald's used to be redeemed because of their hash browns at breakfast. Now they changed the coating, and it's like sandpaper. Now I'm down to the occasional steak bagel (extra onions and extra pepper), the very occasional Filet-o-Fish, and a weekly pair of 99c Double Cheeseburgers (no mustard). I cant eat their larger burgers, their chicken, or their salads.
Here in the Chicagoland area we have the steak bagels. There are a lot of markets that do not carry the steak bagels and far more where they do not carry breakfast bagel sandwiches at all. They all do, however, carry those atrocious, disgusting "McGriddles" things. I wouldn't use one of those to test a sewage grinder.

My answer to the OP's question: A typical trip for me: Up at 3:30 AM to meet the car service at 4:30AM to get to O' Hare at 5:15 AM for a 6:00 AM flight. Restaurants don't open up in Dick Daley's House of Union Waste and Government Mismanagement until well after we're in the air, so it's Mc Grease on the way to the gate.

A tight connection in IAH (CO) or MSP (NW) means that it's fast food there or nothing. Land in, say, PDX at 11AM and I have to get right in the car and make the two hour drive to Albany and then another hour to the mountaintop transmitter site. BY then I have less thean three hours of daylight before I have to pack up and leave the mountain with some light left. So, it's fast food or nothing else until dinner. As much as I hate fast food, you grab what you can and make the best of it.

I have become a conoisseur of heart-attack-in-a-sack. Mc Donald's fries used to be better before someone trying to save me from myself sued them into changing the oil. I miss the McDLT. Burker King's whoppers have changed and I'm not sure how but they used to be a lot better. Jack In The Box has the best vanilla milkshakes. Sonic's strawberry limeade is worth the airfare into a market where they HAVE Sonics. I think Del Taco is a plot by Castro to kill capitalists one bag at a time. Wendy's has gone from hot 'n' juicy to cold 'n' greasy. KFC should go back to the 11 herbs and spices and stop trying to be everythign to all people. I believe that you cannot eat over $6 worth of Taco Bell in one sitting. $10 at Taco Bell feeds a family of 5. Subway lost its roots as well. Every chain has its up and downs. But my one single absolutely most infuriating issue with ANY fast food chain is when you don't get your order right because YOU DON'T SPEAK SPANISH, or you find yourself repeating everything over and over again, or having to use a picture menu and point at what you want BECAUSE YOU DON'T SPEAK SPANISH.

Okay, rant over. Let the flames begin.

--PP