FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should i take USA PLatinum card invite....
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:01 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: AA CK Spouse, BAEC Silver , HH Dia, BonVoy Titanium, (former)Caesars7*, (former)Wynn Black, HR Icon
Originally Posted by versacechild
just an update i did go and upgrade to Platinum as im planning to be visiting a lot of resturants in NYC so the fee of 395 is worth it for me just not having to deal with the hassle of getting a table....
I've seen a lot of justification over the years, with respect to the fee for Platinum Amex... though, I don't think I have ever seen anyone justify it just because of the fine dining/restaurant reservation benefit. Good Luck... I hope that this truly does provide the value expected.

Had the card for a few years in the early 90's --- never found it to be that useful... one of the better benefits is the FH&R program; especially with regard to hotel upgrades. Though, I personally find better recognition at hotels I frequent, and from top tier status like Hyatt Diamond and Hilton Diamond.

Also, the Airport Lounge access benefit definitely provides a lot of value; and is probably one of the better and more tangible benefits.

Last edited by baccarat_king; Mar 11, 2006 at 7:05 am Reason: wording