FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf [Master Thread]
Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:24 am
slowly

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Stayed there at the end of February, 2006.

As already said, DLR West India Quay station is just besides hotel, but I found it faster to use Jubilee Line (Canary Wharf station, 3 min walk) to get to almost everywhere without stopovers. DLR Poplar is also 3 min walk max.

Had lounge access; beer (Heineken, Stella Artois, Corona, Bud) and wine was complimentary indeed, but only from 5 to 7 pm. The lounge was quite full, while the wine bottle was empty most of the time, as the attendant opened new ones only occasionally.

Haven't been in many UK lounges, so can't compare, but hors d'oeuvres were too spicy and overcooked for my taste, and I wasn't too excited about desserts, too.

Overall it was a pleasant stay, but I feel uncomfortable when a hotel (intentionally or not) makes you work hard to enjoy lounge benefits - ask attendant to open a new bottle or restock chips. Serving fingernail sized canapes in big ceramic spoons may seem classy, but you'll need at least two to get a glimpse of their taste...

Health club was good, although without pool, and I'd prefer one big sauna instead 2 small ones in the men's/women's locker rooms.