FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PTS is lousy
Thread: PTS is lousy
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:28 am
DFW1972

Originally Posted by senatorgirth
I'm AMEX Platinum and have called the Platinum Travel Service (PTS) multiple times for quotes. What a joke! On cruises, car rentals, and limos I have been quoted prices significantly higher than the going rate found by the most simplest of searches. On top of that, their customer service is completely underwhelming.
The latest: I call PTS for a quote on a minivan rental in Mexico City. PTS quotes a best rate of $102./day. Fifteen seconds at expedia.com turns up a going rate of $67./day with Hertz. I've had similar experiences with cruises and quotes on limo service.
As if that isn’t enough, I’ve found PTS customer service to be average at best. The person I spoke to tonight at first told me that I was not Platinum (look again, please). This has been typical of the run-of-the-mill telephone CSR's I've encountered with PTS.
So far, I give PTS a grade of "F" - their service is completely forgettable and their rates have been downright awful. I'm I missing something? How can AMEX proudly advertise this "service"
Well, this is interesting. At least PTS quoted you a rate for a car in Mexico. I called recently to get a rate for cars in PVR and was told they do NOT make rental car arranged!!! Yes, they have bad service!! And incompetent reps!