FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite Credentials Arrived
Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:49 am
rahmanbar

Originally Posted by Cholula
I didn't get another card for 2006 but I've been getting the hard copies of the elite coupons on a regular basis. Got the Fall 2005 coupon book but haven't seen anything yet this year.
I've been a Lifetime Plat for a couple of years so I was in possession of a Plat Card with the "Lifet" designation in the "expires" field (and I doubt there's any need for another one - my status remains as "Plat" online).

I received absolutely nothing w/regards to EEOs or what's been referred to as the "2006" MR Guide so last week I called the Plat Line.

They told me they'd send me the "guide" and a new card (if I desired it) but as far as EEOs went I was advised that I could print them after I signed in on the website and went to the appropriate area. (Told them I was aware of that but found the hotels seemed to be more comfortable and familiar with the pre-printed EEOS.
Anyway, I was told I'd receive a package in from 7 - 10 days and I let it go at that.

In yesterday's mail came the material - two 2005-2006 MR Guides but nothing else other than the ultimate (undated) cover letter.

Dear Marriott Guest:

Thank you for your recent inquiring regarding the Marriott Rewards Program.
Enclosed you will find the following:

1 2005-2006 Marriott Rewards Guide
1 2005-2006 Marriott Rewards Guide Intl

Additional items may follow, under separate cover. Please contact our customer service representative at (801) 4685000 in the US or (44) 171-584-5500 in the UK with any additional concerns.

Thank you for choosing Marriott for your personal and business travel.

Sincerely

Xxxxx X. Xxxxx
Fulfilmment Manager
Marriott Guest Services

So, what I received was the literature that I had last yearAs far as the "addional items," I'm not holding my breath.

If in the future they again neglect to send me materials that I would expect as a Plat I'll handle it at that time.