FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Amsterdam (AMS): The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 5, 2006, 2:43 am
Allanf

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wiley
on the way back from PRG-EWR, i have 50 mins in between flights at AMS. i spend a lot of time at AMS and can't possibly imagine it taking less than 50 mins to get from a european gate to a US-bound plane. i guess this must be enough time in theory, otherwise nwa.com wouldn't let me buy it. but isn't there some rule that for US-bound planes that the passengers have to be on board by a certain time? i'd be curious to hear what other FTers have to say about this.
Could you talk NW into getting you on an earlier flight from PRG? 50 minutes is legal at AMS for connecting to an international flight. BUT in theory you are supposed to be on board 30 minutes prior to departure and then there is a long walk to the E/F/G concourse and there can be rather long delays to get through security right before you enter that part of the airport. Then lines tend to be long and slow going through security again at the actual gate. So check your luggage - there may not be much room left for carry-on luggage by the time you get on board unless you are in WBC. AND you have no time to visit the Duty Free shop.