FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more select seating for FB Golds?
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:26 am
Peer
Suspended

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by jetfan
The exception is certain exit row seats in the select seating area (like row 9 on the 747), these are available for GE/PE, other exit row seats are issued by the airport only.
A supervisor code entitles the agent to see and allocate more, but not all seats.
The remainder of the seats are "airport-reserved seats" that can only be issued in the check-in system.
Great job, jetfan! I think I understand now. Thanks for talking to your contact and writing the post!

I think my only sentiments now is that the select seating KLM offers their Elite members, is not good enough seeing as some of the best seats in the particular airplane I fly a lot (777) are not availible on the phone while booking the ticket, but does beconme available 30 hours prior to departure (via internet check-in) - to everyone!

Of course I can talk to handling agents on out-stations, but thereīs a lot of hassle involved with this. I donīt understand why the KLM agents on the phone canīt place me in my preferred seat straight away.

WHY are so many good seats blocked, only to be assigned by airport staff?