FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Porter Airlines
Thread: Porter Airlines
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:52 pm
YYZFlyboy

Programs: various
I give Regco less than a year before it goes belly up, that's if it even gets off the ground....I get a feeling that the downtown tree huggers (if that's not an oxymoron!!) will not let this thing flourish at TCCA and I don't think the City will make it too easy either. Also Rego won't be able to operate there as the monopoly they want to be either and Jazz will give them a run for thier money.

The travel times from downtown given in a previous post are way off too...you can get from/to YYZ - downtown easily within 20-30 mins and when the traffics slow on the Gardiner it will be slow for the harbourfront too.

In the end I just don't think there's enough business types interested in going to the island....it will just take a few major flight delays or cancellations with none of the other alternatives that a major hub offers before they jump ship again......Just the thoughts of an amused dbystander.
Above from another thread earlier this week.

Still think as mentioned in this thread that it's going to be a bumpy but very interesting ride!! This Deluce guy is one cocky piece of work!!